Denver Newsroom, Feb 1, 2022 / 13:00 pm (CNA).
As we approach Valentine’s Day, we’ve compiled a list of Catholic based gifts for the special someone in your life. Whether you’re celebrating with your spouse or are having a ‘Galentine’s Day’ celebration, we’ve got you covered with gift ideas and ways to celebrate the holiday in a Catholic inspired way.
Pink Salt Riot’s Love Box
A family-run Catholic company, Pink Salt Riot offers handmade jewelry, decor, paper goods and so much more! Each year, they sell their famous ‘Love Boxes.’ The boxes contain over $100 worth of goodies from the shop and can be purchased for $25 starting on Feb. 1. The intention behind the boxes is for the customer to keep one product for themselves and then give the rest of the items included to their loved ones. This would be the perfect gift if you’re looking for a fun and special way to show your best girl friends how much they mean to you.
Just Love Prints
Are you the kind of person who loves to write out your feelings? Well, if you are, Just Love Prints has the perfect gift for you! Just Love Prints is a Catholic business run by a husband and wife who specialize in prints and stickers. Their Letters to my Love bundle includes 13 prints with quotes from the saints and scripture. On the back of each print there are lines so you can write your letter. Whether you’re single and writing letters to your future love, or married writing letters to your spouse, these letters make the perfect gift for any special occasion.
The Catholic Company
The Catholic Company has a beautiful selection of gifts perfect for any occasion. The Miraculous Medal bangle bracelet with an engravable heart would make the perfect gift for that special woman in your life this Valentine’s Day. The silver bracelet features a Miraculous Medal charm, a crucifix, and a heart charm that can be personalized with an initial.
Other (Free or Inexpensive) Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day
- A great way to celebrate with kids in a more faith-based way is to sit down with your kids and pick out verses from the Bible about love. Then on sheets of paper or sticky notes, write them down and hang them up all over the house so they can read them throughout the day.
- If you’re single, pray for or write letters to your future spouse.
- Write letters to special people in your life and hand deliver them
- Offer up your time and volunteer with a charity
- Have a Mass offered for the intentions of your significant other
- Hand make a rosary for one another
- Recite a prayer to St. Valentine together or start your day with the Act of Love prayer.
O Lord God, I love you above all things
and I love my neighbor for your sake
because you are the highest, infinite and perfect good,
worthy of all my love.
In this love I intend to live and die.
If you value the news and views Catholic World Report provides, please consider donating to support our efforts. Your contribution will help us continue to make CWR available to all readers worldwide for free, without a subscription. Thank you for your generosity!